Thursday, December 10, 2009

Of,By and For

Three word from our constitution, anybody ever thought about what they mean? Let's take them apart and look at them one at a time.
OF the people. The dictionary says it this way "From the total or group comprising or Composed or made from" to me that means a representative from of government. Which is exactly what we are supposed to have, according to our constitution. Our representatives are required to do our wishes or support our believes. This is something that has been lost. Being a representative is an honor, not a career choice. A lot of our representatives go to Washington DC and sell their souls, principals and our desires to the highest bidder or to a party. The thought of what is best for their constituents is a lost concept or seems to be. Of the people is something we have given away and We are the only ones who can take what was given to US by our founding fathers back.
BY the people. This is were our work comes in. I along with most everyone else have been sitting on our collective duffs and giving our country away, hell we even paid to have it taken away. Sorry statement but true. Whose fault is it? All of ours. So what do we do now? It is time to get up, quit yelling at the TV and get involved. Were? At our local level, in our precinct, when, now. Protests are great but that is not were the power or the change will come from.
Change will come when we all get out and start working toward taking our country back. Get a voice, How, become a delegate for your district, put another way, for your neighborhood, your home.
This is were the power is. Politicians are only worried before an election, much like a union official. Don't get me wrong there is a place for unions but that place is not buying votes from our elected officials.
Let me tell you a true story. A number of years ago I was getting ready to leave work. Just then the president, business agent, treasure and my rep came in to the break room. They wanted all of us to sign a running donation for $15.00 to the union, this was 1981. After asking several of the others the pres. came to me and asked for my donation. I said no. Needless to say he wasn't happy and asked why.
My response was "you don't want to know, and I am going home". I was then told I could not leave until I told him why I wouldn't kick in. My response " I am leaving" To make a long story short I went to the time clock and was getting ready to leave. The pres. followed and his voice rose a bit. He did get the attention of the crew, both shifts. I was left with no choice but to give him my answer.
I told him that the only time I saw him was for one of two things. He asked what they were and so I gave them to him
1) when he wanted my vote and 2) when he wanted to stick his hand in my pocket.
His response was that it was not true and that he was there all the time.
Well having two shifts standing watching and listening I ask " anybody seen him around here? Not one person answered, there was silence.
A lot of our elected officials are just the same. We see them or hear from them for one of two things. Not all but most and it has gotten worse with most of the people we have now, be it state, federal, or city.
We have one way to take back our country, through the election process. It is our responsibility as citizen's of this country to become involved in the elections. That is what the by the people means. We cannot delegate away our duty and then complain. If we do not accept our duty we deserve what we get. The one thing I can guaranty is that it won't be good.
How do you get involved? Through the precinct level, become a delegate take a voice in your community or support someone who has the same vision.
I don't know about you but I am scared. I want the country for my kids and grand kids that I grew up in. The Country that offered the opportunity to succeed to the level that I am willing to work for. The only limit is the limit I put on myself. Free of government control that would take away my freedom of choice.
I could rant on but this is what the BY portion of our constitution means to me.
Our time is short and the amount of work would seem overwhelming but it is not.
Let's look at it this way. There are 3141 counties in the USA, on average there are 4 precincts per county, some more some less. That is 12,564 precincts in the country. There were 1.5 million people in Washington for the 9/12 project. That is 119 people per precinct. We have the numbers to take over the Republican party and remake it into what WE THE PEOPLE want, and then we can remove the garbage form our capital, using the constitution and doing it peacefully. Using the tools that were given to us by the forefathers.
We do need to choose the right people to represent us also, we need to meet and speak with those who would want to take on this job. Look them in the eyes and learn what they are made of, ask the right questions and listen to their answers carefully. WE THE PEOPLE need to be willing to do the work. If not SHUT YOUR MOUTH AND DON'T COMPLAIN WHAT YOU GET. The ball is in our court and the only person to blame is the one looking back at us from the mirror. This is a daunting task with very little time left to get ready.
What is the first task, learn about the requirements for your particular precinct, how? At the end I will post a link to a place will teach all of us what is needed.
That is all I can do, you have to step up and do your own research for your area and then talk to your neighbor's. Form a plan for you and your friends, get prepared. When you go to your precinct caucus have a plan. Don't enter like a babe in the woods, know who will be your delegate and bring the people with you to elect them. They will be your voice, keep in touch with whoever that is, keep them accountable for their decisions. It is up to all of us, not just me, not just you, but we are collectively responsible.
Now the last part the FOR in For the People. I think we all have a idea of what this means. I cannot speak for everyone but I will try to give this a finish.
For, to me is that the person that is sent as a representative, is there for me, not a political party or special interest group. They should not be answerable to a Harry Ried or anyone else. Answerable to the people of my state or district. Supporting the wishes of the majority of their constituents. How are they going to know what we think? They should listen or ask and face us. After a important vote he or she should face us and answer for their vote and show that the majority felt that way. The will of the people, the majority of the people. I do not my representative to be making deals behind closed doors, things dune in the dark are usually bad. A preachers wife once told me that the appearance of impropriety is worse than the impropriety, it leads to speculation and distrust. There are no good reasons to keep information from the people.
We let the Acorn's and SEIU's have their way behind closed doors and we for the most part did nothing. Is it too late NO but our work is cut out for us.
Will protests do the job? Nope, by that time it will be too late. Remember the only fear that the officials have is loosing their cushy jobs.
Your rep. should know who most of you are.
Amy Klobuchar the senator from MN is on my speed dial. She has gotten to the place were she doesn't even take your name when you call, all that is asked for is your zip code, think she cares about her constituents? My answer is NO. We live in the most technologically advanced country in the world. Yet when you call Washington the legislators don't even use a recording device. I am not sure about all but I know that the White House and the Senators from MN have someone speak to you in person. Having asked these people how they can get it all I was told they get the idea. Not Acceptable. After a 5min conversation I am sure that what Amy was given was a scratch under Pissed or not happy. Those are not the words that I used.
The people that were sent to what ever place to represent us are there for our wishes. To carry the desires of the people. I believe that we expect them to be fiscally responsible, you don't spend money you don't have. We and our representatives are or should not be allowed to counterfeit money. If what you are printing is not worth anything it is counterfeit, thank you FED.
Well I have given you my thoughts and to that point you are responsible for your actions and your part in what will be happening to our country. Again I believe the protests are good for what they are. April Tax day, August 28 will be great and will be heard, but most likely we will be ignored and forgotten soon after. The power that we have and our responsibility is to be involved in the start. How do we put fear into the people in office? I have a hard time calling them representatives. The fear will come when we turn the lights on them and begin to remove them from office, by removing the power they think they have. Most of them feel untouchable and better or above those they were sent to work for.
I have ranted enough for now. Below you will find a place to learn about the process and what you need to do. In Nevada they took over the Republican party, the old school people who believed they had the power were removed, that can happen anywhere.
Who am I? I'm a nobody and an everybody. A person who sat back and let this mess happen, yelled at the boob tube and sat back down in my easy chair. I am now one of the 20% that has broken the mold, got up and got involved. What have I done? That don't matter I am just one working in my state. What matters is what we all do together, the accomplishments of the many.
It will take all of us to get this done. Soo the ball is now in your court and it is your choice. These are just my opnions and you have the right to accept or reject what you have been reading. That is your right, for now.
Later Lenny MN
To leanr about your precinct go to
http://nationalprecinctactivists.com/

Want to leard about your Constitution go here. There is about 7hrs. of video to watch in 43 different sections
http://constitutionalrepublic.net/constitution.htm

And last but not least another place to Rant.
http://americanpatriotsrants.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment